A word of super customer service for Pelican stormcase.
The wheel rubber on my iM2500 came off during my recent trip to Bharatpur. The rubber broke off as I rolled the case at the airport. On a hunch, I also checked my second Stormcase, the iM2720, which is kept at home (static ) . Here too the wheels had degraded and, the rubber was flaking off.
iM2500 with damaged wheel. Left wheel rubber sleeve came off completely
iM2720 with damaged wheels. The wheel rubber sleeve is beginning to flake off.
The two hard cases were purchased in 2008. At that time, Stormcase was a brand of Hardigg cases. Sometime later, Pelican bought over Hardigg. The stormcase brand continues under Pelican.
I wrote to Pelican attaching the pictures of the damaged wheels. I was sent an immediate courier of the replacement wheel sets.
Absolutely wonderful customer support. Kudos Pelican Storm !
Pelican Stormcase is very highly recommended ( coming from a very satisfied customer 🙂 )
Update: Wheel replacement Howto
Its easy to replace the wheels. Just follow these steps.
1. Remove the screws holding the pull handle frame and completely remove the frame.
2. Knock the pin holding the wheel from inside to out.
3. Remove the wheel, replace and knock the pin back in , this time from Outside to the inside.
4. Screw back the frame.
1. With a screwdriver, remove the locking pin which is on the wheel pin. ( Inside part of the wheel)
2. Knock the pin from inside to outside to remove the pin & wheel
3. Replace wheel and knock the pin back in, from outside to inside
4. Press on the locking clasp on the inside portion of the wheel.