Got lucky with shooting some planes 🙂
But its boring to process so many shots !!! I made a few batch runs in Nikon Capture NX-D followed by another batch run in Photoshop CC. I am not aiming for super critical processing here in any case.
The Sukhoi MK30 routine was the best I thought. What a beast of an aircraft !
All Nikon D5, 200-500mm lens. A few wide shots with the Sony RX-100
Basic tips for Yehlankha air show
- For rotor full disk go around 1/50th
- Shoot +1EV off the sky for the flight shots
- Dial in manual white balance
- Plan for two full days for both morning & evening air displays
- “The Chalet” is a good place to shoot from
- Tickets are at Gate 5. There is a shuttle from Gate 5 to the main exhibition area
- You need separate tickets for each day
- Watch weather and try to shoot on cloudy day. The puffy clouds really enhance the sky.
- Bring a cap
- Drink lots of water
- Wear sneakers
Sony RX-100 shot and I love this.
The Yakolev aerobatics